Bub participated in a Star Wars stunt theater camp a couple of weeks ago and was instantly smitten. When he heard they were having a Robin Hood themed one complete with archery, the begging ensued. I have been waiting for him to find his "passion"; that thing that makes him wake up in the morning, and he looks forward to doing it every day. So, how could I say no when he finally found it? He's been doing a few extra chores around the house to help "pay" for his camp this week and I'm happy to report this one is just as good as Star Wars camp.
Today they were to dress as their favorite Robin Hood character. I was really not feeling in the sewing mood last night, so I decided to see what gems I could turn up at our Goodwill store before buying material. I was thrilled that I was able to produce an entire costume for him (minus the hat).
Sidenote: I found an awesome red velvet hat there, but it's a beret style for a woman and I just didn't have the creativeness in me last night to figure out how to re-style it short of ripping it all apart and re-sewing it.
His tunic is just a men's shirt I cut. His cape is a woman's blouse (trust me, it looks better as a cape) that I cut. He added the belt and sword and Robin Hood was born.
He even won the contest for best costume!

No comments:
Post a Comment