Monday, February 7, 2011

No excuses


There are no excuses for the lack of posts. And at this point, no one is reading, so it's really just for my own desire to have parts of our life documented. I wish I could say I'll be better at posting, but then I remember I have two 18 month olds who demand much of my time. So, we'll see.

Much of the reason I haven't been blogging is the lack of feeling creative. Maybe it's the weather - think lots of snow and cold, maybe it's the envy when I look at other mama's blogs and see all of the fabulous things they're doing with their kiddos, or maybe it's just lack of motivation. But either way, blogging has seemed a little dreary lately.

It might even make me a little cranky like two little things I know. It was a pacifier/lovey kind of day after an early morning of crying and moaning.

Thing 1 has a rhino for his lovey and assumes he can only hold it if he also has his pacifier. Which is pretty funny since he went through a phase for about 4 months where he wouldn't even take a pacifier.

Thing 2 has a sleepsack for his lovey. Their Aunt Christi made them sleepsacks when they were born. But when they grew out of them, Thing 2 became very attached to his and now sleeps with them. He'll find the arms and pull them up to his nose to snuggle; and the weird thing is this is exactly what big brother did/does (don't tell him I told you) with his blankie.
His newest trick is to slip his hands into the pockets on the arms that were to fold over and cover their hands when they were babies. It's quite the picture when he has both hands tucked in with the sleepsack over his nose staring into space.

No comments:

Post a Comment