I've been wanting a desk/command center in our kitchen/eating area for quite a while now. I needed an area where everything had its place, and a good spot to use for keeping our family activities running smoothly. The original plan was for my fil to make a desk top to go on top of desk drawers we already owned. But, earlier this week, S had the idea to use a table we already had in the office since he was also planning a makeover in there also. So, for now, this is my command center. What do you think? I think, size wise, it fits the space well; but of course, I wish I had more room or some storage. But I'll live with it for a while and see how I feel about it in a few months.

And since we put the table here, the shelves that resided here had to go somewhere else. So they are now over in the little sitting nook in the eating area. I don't love it, but it's growing on me. Of course, I don't love the shelves to begin with, so that probably has something to do with it.

The next project is the garden window in the kitchen. Last summer, I had two of my plants living in the window with a couple of photos. But then the crazy winter we had hit, and we were having to keep the shade closed on the window to keep out some of the draft and my plants were getting frozen. They have now found new homes, and I'm not sure I'll put them back in the window. So now, what should I put here? Right now, the little wheelbarrow will stay; R made it and we're going to plant some flowers in the pot. What else should I add?


No comments:
Post a Comment