Monday, April 12, 2010

Another Kitchen Update

I had one of those random thoughts a couple of weeks ago that it would be fun to have the word 'eat' somewhere in our kitchen. I also wanted it to be in the peacock color from my Fiesta Ware. So, I picked up some plain letters from Hobby Lobby and a can of spray paint, and here's what I got for $8

I really wanted three different fonts for my letters, but they options they had wouldn't have looked good together. And I was too impatient to drive around to other stores to look.
After one coat of spray paint.
Since they're so thin, they weren't going to stand up on their own. But we had these nifty little pieces of thick cardboard left over from something we bought. So, I hot glued each letter to one of these. Unfortunately, I realized afterwards that I should have cut around the parts that would show through before I glued them, but we improvised and made it work.
And here's the finished product! I like it and I think it's a fun touch for our kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment