Thursday, May 20, 2010

Just in the Nick of Time

Bub has had 3 loose teeth for about a month now (already lost 2); and his one hope was to lose one of them at school. As many of us remember, when you lose a tooth at school, they send you to the nurse's office to get the coveted plastic tooth box to put your lost tooth in. R has been jonesin' for this box for a while now; and the drive to get it was revved up when a friend lost a tooth about two weeks ago. This past weekend I told him it might not happen since school was almost out, but he would still be losing teeth in 1st grade so he'd have a chance again.

When I went to pick him up on Monday, he was walking with his friend J and gave a big smile while they were talking. I immediately noticed the whole in that smile and then saw the plastic tooth swinging from his neck. He was so excited and couldn't wait to show me and call S at work to tell him. Then, as soon as he got in he thought he'd see how far he could push this great news, "how about a slush from Sonic to celebrate?" How could I resist?


The coveted tooth box. Please don't look at the baby toys that vomited into my living room in the background. Really, just don't look.

2 comments:

  1. Toys seem to be vomited in my house too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I kept it under control with just one baby. But I've decided with mobile twins, it's impossible. They either go in opposite directions, or they're fighting over the same toy so I'm getting out tons of others to try and distract them. My saving grace is that it's clean from 8 PM - 6:30 AM : ).

    ReplyDelete