At R's school, they hold a Mother's Day Tea each year; which is basically the Kindergarten's music program. So, last Friday, I joined about 50 other moms who were all lugging their cameras and video cameras just like me (dads weren't invited, so we had to capture it all for them). Luckily, I met up with two other moms from R's class so I didn't have to sit by myself. Yes, even at 33.5, I still don't want to be the girl sitting by herself with no one to talk to. But anyway, the kiddos came out and stood on risers and sang about 7 songs for us. They were all really cute, and they did a fairly good job - yep I'm critical. There was a bit too much yelling vs. singing for my liking, but what are you gonna do? They even did signs for one entire song and did a great job!
They were singing in a round during this song - boys vs. girls. Hence everyone looking different directions. But check out the kid two over from R. Now that's singing!
After they sang, one by one, every student came to the mic and said, "I love my mom because...". R filled in the blank with "...because she loves me." I was a bit worried for a moment what might come out, but he made me melt instead.
The standard family self portrait; we take lots of these.
These are R's best friends this year - they also happen to be twins - they also happen to be twins thanks to the same infertility dr. we used. This is the second set of twins R has latched on to that were thanks to the same dr. we used for R and the boys. It's rather eery, but so amazing!
R with his teacher, Mrs. Lynn; a saint for dealing with our energetic, rambunctious, stubborn, intelligent, loving, class clown, almost first grader!





No comments:
Post a Comment