Monday, March 21, 2011

Anybody know the answer?? Anybody??

The top item on my wish list right now is a Cricut Cutter. I am definitely planning to get one sometime this summer, but here's my question. Which one?

I'd love to get the Cricut Cake Cutter because I know I'd use it all the time for fun cake projects! I love making our boys' birthday cakes every year, and with the cutter, I could do so much more. But then again, I'd also love the Cricut Paper Cutter and know I'd use it all the time also.

Now, the cake cutter says it works with the regular cartridges. Does that mean the regular cartridges to cut fondant, or the regular cartridges and you can cut paper?? In other words, can you cut paper and icing with the cake cutter? It seems too good to be true, but would love it if I can do both with one machine.

Any sage advice from Cricut experts out there??



2 comments:

  1. I have the Cricut (not the cake kind) and I'm not really loving it. The blades go dull pretty quick and are expensive and I find that it doesn't cut the items I bought it for: fabric, foam, anything that isn't paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, that's not what I want to hear!! But maybe if I'm cutting paper and frosting sheets, the blades won't dull as quickly?

    ReplyDelete